Tuesday, February 23, 2016

HTML 5 New Input Types

I have jus taken a look on the site html5doctor.com and saw some input types that I haven't seen before.  "Search" was one that I haven't seen yet as far as going over it in class but it caught my attention.  "Email" happened to be another one that I believe will be useful later on down the line while making my webpage.  These two will help your webpage be able to be more efficient on numerous devices and browsers.  I thought the "tel" input was pretty neat as well.  Never knew how some sites when putting in an social security number or telephone number some browsers automatically switch to numbers instead of letters.  Now I know how its done and plan to use that knowledge on my own webpage.

1 comment:

  1. The new input types are very helpful when creating an account registration page because the browser will do a basic verification of the inputted information, and on mobile the phone number will bring up a dial pad on iPhone.

    ReplyDelete