Thursday, March 3, 2016

Dublin Core

http://semanticweb.org/wiki/Dublin_Core


I can honestly say I knew nothing about Dublin Core until I visited semanticweb.org.  This metadata has hardly any influence on the ranking of your site with the search engines. It has to be said that if your pages can be written better, they will be found better. And how often your site is found, the better it is for your rank. That's why we validate this metadata. I think that every effort you put in search engine optimization will result in better ranking and more visitors to your page .

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, as far as ranking to get to the top of a "google"search I don't think meta data has the influence it once had. But as you said it does help with the search engine optimization. I think the use of Dublin Core is probably more benefial to the developer when there is large use of different file formats across multiple pages. So if the developer is looking to update specific articles he can do a search on the meta tags to locate specific types of files throughout the embedded articles.

    ReplyDelete