Thursday, April 21, 2016

Doing Business on the Web

E-commerce is big business, and has been for a long time. While e-commerce sites were once treated with suspicion by many internet users, it’s become as common as checking email. While I’m sure there are some internet users out there who have never made an online purchase, they’re getting rarer by the day.
As a designer, you can’t afford to ignore good ecommerce design. When designing a ecommerce site I feel you have to be very particular on who you are looking for to consume your product.  And also the newest, resourceful, and inexpensive products you can find with updated visuals.  3 main keys are  
Trustworthiness
Simplicity and ease of use
Transparency


If someone doesn't trust your site then they wont order from it.  You must make the consumer feel comfortable purchasing something on your site with their personal information.  Not only that but the fact that they will receive what they purchased in the allotted time given.  No one like jumping through hoops as well when trying to purchase something.  The instructions should be easy to read and understand. 

4 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly. I do a lot of purchasing online...a lot of amazon.com and several other sites that I frequent. I've gone to several sites before to look at a product to purchase and just the look and feel of them just spooked me away. If it doesn't have a professional look to it that's the first warning sign for me to stay away. If it gets by the first look then the next thing to drive me away is if navigation is difficult or if the buying process cumbersome. Yes, good design for eCommerce is huge for a company if they want to be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more that trustworthiness and transparency are the most important things when conducting business on the web. Nothing bugs me more than a company that uses deceitful practices just to put another dollar in their pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, besides groceries, most of the purchases that I make are online. True, I am a bit skeptical of some sites, I tend to stick to popular sites that already have an existing good reputation. Thanks for the info, Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, e-commerce is very important and quite necessary today. I do a lot of online purchasing myself for certain things, but sometimes stray away from certain sites because I do not know the quality of the things I am ordering and I am always slow to send items back. Trustworthiness, simplicity and ease of use are definitely qualities I want a site that I am purchasing from to have. With all the hackers out there you want to ensure your information is safe at all times.

    ReplyDelete