Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mobile First Webdesign

Now me being a strong believer in desktop over small devices puts me in a one sided view when it comes to Mobile First Webdesign.  For one image resizing to me takes away from the original creativity of a design.  This is a major issue considering that every good designer must rely on images to illustrate its concepts.  Viewing a responsive website on a mobile device forces the CPU and memory of it while resizing images because you are downloading a large image, uncompressing it in your phone’s memory and then resizing it to fit a small screen. This process takes about 3 bytes per pixel of memory, so a 1024×768 image will take about 2.36 MB of memory.  Second In my opinion is mobile speed Vs desktop speed. 
The whole point of responsive web design is the potential to be viewed on different devices. Yes I know this but id rather take time to get all I wish to view on a desktop and know im getting all the information I seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment