Friday, February 12, 2016

The Amazon Firestick

 So yesterday I decided to pick up the Amazon Fire stick.  After driving to 3 different Best Buy stores and both HH Gregg Stores in the Hampton Roads area I finally was able to purchase one.  When I first spoke with the salesman I asked him why were they were low in stock at most stores and had a vast supply of Google Chromecast?  I figured they did pretty much the same thing until he gave me the complete run down.  He proceeded to tell me how the Fire stick came with Netflix, Hulu, and Numerous Apps, and how the Chromecast only portrayed those apps on to a television with using a synced device.  Even then it still bothered me that they were selling like hot cakes.  That's when he told me the underlying reason people were purchasing the Fire sticks in mass amounts.  You can jailbreak a Fire stick to where you can put other apps on to it.  There have been numerous occasions where people have loaded apps onto it that gives you the ability to watch new movies, television shows, and even live television.  Which got me to thinking how long do people believe that this is going to last without repercussions? Only time will tell.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard mention about the Firestick but didn't really know what it was or what it does. Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jared. I have been thinking about getting the fire stick. This is interesting to me. Your point is spot on -the kind of behavior you described will not last long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete